Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Saw the Best Movie!

Doris & I went to see The Devil Wears Prada today!!!  Damn!!  It was GREAT!!!  SO MUCH FUN.  Really cool. 

Now, some folks may think a movie about the fashion industry would be boring & mundane. Well, IT WASN'T. 

All those beautiful clothes, purses, shoes, jewelry, models, designers, & snot bucket attitudes were pelleted non-stop across the screen in such colorful, gay profusion.  So amazing!  A great feast for the eyeballs.

But let me tell you about Meryll Streep!  OH MY GOD....- RIVITING!!!  She is SO FUCKING FABULOUS!!  Like duhhh, I KNOW, but Oh My GAAAWWWDDD, who in this world is a more brilliant actress than her?????  And she looked better than ever with that hairdo (probably a wig - but if I could look that good, I'd cut all mine off!!) & makeup, plus her Wardrobe was to die for! 

I can't wear those high heels at this time in life as my Flying Feet are SHOT, okay???  (Much to Doris' chagrin) And I don't wear dresses anymore.  (ditto before...)  In fact I now wear sweats, jeans, tee shirts, & other sordid, schleppy attire. 

But there was a time in my past incarnation that I was into ALL exquisite fashion as I modeled in my youth (age 8 to 21) & did the beauty pageant rounds after high school thru college. (Forget it, I'm not getting into all that today!)  I dumped it all around 1969 during the Feminist Movement with the exception of being a most fabulous discoqueen-diva ever in the 70's up thru the 80's. So it was exciting to visit that glamour for a few hours in this movie.  Can't say I ever want to go back to all that, but it sure is pretty to look at!

Now, back to the FABULOUS Ms. Streep, - She Was SO FIERCE!!!!!  Good GOD!!  And WHY am I always attracted to tough, bossy, cold bitches like that I wonder?  It MUST be the ole' mother trick, my dear Mother- 'Ruth Truth' had me jumping thru hoops all my life trying to please her, which was an unending impossibility. Atleast I HAVE learned that those bitches I'm so attracted to are NOT what I really want, although I have even become one one the surface, myself.    I do love a tough broad.   

Well anyway, enough of this dribble.  I see where Superman beat Prada out at the box offices this weekend.  Shish.  I saw enough of young men in tights & capes at the Pride Parade last Sun!  If you have a chance, go see The Devil Wears Prada if for no other reason for Meryll Streep's AMAZING performance!  All the pretty women & the mad kaleidoscope of insane fashion are just a plus!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ebert and his friend couldnt have said it better.

We had our Pride festival a few weeks ago. I missed it cause Sg flaked on me.

Austin

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that the movie is good. I watch very few, but I'll see ANYTHING with Meryl Streep in it.  

I'm with you on the mean, bossy women thing.  (Some might say my wife is one, lol)

Syd

Anonymous said...

I adore Meryl Streep.  She's been on my "Who I Would Do" list for a very long time.  Glad you enjoyed the movie.  Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I don't go to the movies often, but this one is on the list, and after this glowing review, how could I resist.

theonlydaughter.