Friday, December 21, 2007

Geese, It's Friday Already!

I am in total denial that Xmas is almost here.  Crap.  I hate not having any money to buy presents or make my yearly photo albums for one & all.  I hate being in debt.  I am very lucky to have Doris, though.  We climbed in bed with a Burger King picnic, watching Wives Murder Club after a full day at the movies again.  We just looked at each other & sighed how lucky we are!  We have each other, our little home, heat, electricity & cable!  Merry Christmas to us!  We don't need no stinkin' presents, ha!  We already got it all.  Of course, a million dollars would be great.  But hey! 

The movies today were so-so.  Saw Charlie Wilson's War.  The cast was great, the political matter such a bore.  Doris kept falling asleep.  Then saw Dewey Cox.  Well, why didn't someone mention it was some sort of silly take-off joke of The Johnny Cash story.  It was lame, but I did laugh a few times.  Whatever, it was just great to be alone with Doris in the dark, chomping on popcorn & sucking up diet coke.

I am getting so many beautiful xmas cards from everybody!!!  I miss sending those out, both the picture cards & the yearly letters. I love all that.  But- gotta conserve the cash.  After all, I gotta have enough to do movies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed. NOTHING like spending time at the movies with the one you love and coming back to food, warmth,  shelter, and each other. Not all presents have to come in boxes or gift wrapped!!!

Enjoy,
RC