Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sunshine

It's a beautiful day outside my window.  So why dont I feel like jumping up & running out?  Esp when it's supposed to rain tomorrow...

The weather...  It's what everybody talks about when they're bored, or have nothing else to say.  Well, I have to remember the lesson I finally learned after moving to NJ from NYC...

There was always SO much energy in the City.  When I first got here to the burbs I just sat around baffeled.  'Where was I gona wear my black leather motorcycle jacket?'  'What about all my really cool dyke garb I used to tromp around the streets with my activist gay rights self??'  It felt like suddenly being thrown back in "the closet," God forbid I put up a rainbow flag by the front door.  Everyone around here was straight, with children no less..Gag!..What an adjustment.  Booring, boring, BORING!!!

So one day, as I was lounging on a chaise under the tall trees in my back yard, reading a meditation book, drinking a nice cup of decafinated tea, watching cows chomp on the grass in the farm pasture behind our new (old) house,...I finally got the answer....

BOREDOM IS PEACEFUL...             sighhhhh.

 

No comments: