Sunday, December 31, 2006

Lazy Day!

Just layed around in bed ALL day, reading the papers, napping, watching Lifetime TV movies, totally relaxing.  It was glorious,  Finally got up & had a delicious dinner at Charlie Brown's.  Life is good here in my little corner of the world.  Thank you, Jesus!  Alleluia & Amen.

Two days ago we had the youngest grandson here again.  Doris was cooking in the kitchen & I had come dowstairs to spend time watching TV with the kid & to be close to them.  At one point I had asked him to turn the volume down a little, (it was blaring.)  Doris started saying 'he's just minding his business, not bothering anyone, leave him alone, go back upstairs,..'  I got up went up to her in the kitchen & said do you enjoy putting me down in front of your grandson, is this fun to you? You always do this in front of your kids & grandkids.  She was like, why are you bothering him, I said I came down to be with him, to be with you both..  Are you getting off on this? I turned around & went up to feed the animals. She was saying no, I didn't mean anything by it, denying any problem.  I put the dog on the leash & walked out the door saying you do this everytime, you did it last time in front of all of them.  I came back & dinner was ready & she said she was sorry, she didn't mean anything by it.  The night continued on & we took the young one home. 

Back in bed, everything was fine.  It was SO great to be just alone in the house with her again.  Yesterday was great.  And then today was so mellow. 

I'm going to have to have a conversation with her about putting on a united front & supporting each other, a concept she has obviously yet to consider.  I'll just have to choose that time wisely so as not to start WW3.

No comments: