Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Sad Situation

Went to Delaware to see an ex-girlfriend of Doris' who has come down with Lou Gerhig's Disease. It is terrible. She can't walk, she can't talk, she can't eat - she chokes on all food, she constantly drools, & she cries all the time. (totally understandable.) There is no cure & it supposedly only gets worse. Now THAT's depressing.

This is a woman who used to be fat, a great cook, & a food addict. Between 200-300lbs. When she 1st lost her motor skills we thought she had a stroke from her obesity & bad eating habits. It is so scary.

I am grateful I am working to get a grip on my weight thru WW & all my friends there. I go for weigh-in today & fear I am up because I did eat a lot of crap on that trip since it was so stressful. Stress eating, a big downfall.

I really don't want to gain back weight I've lost & have a stroke from bad eating habits. This woman now has a feeding tube thru her stomach & feels so resentful she can't eat any of the Delicious food she smells & sees her friends eating. (That sounds a little too familiar - I am always resentful of Doris eating ice cream & Hydrox cookies, & feel she is sabotaging me... etc.)

I am so grateful Doris & I are still healthy & well.
Thankyou God.

No comments: