1. How long have you been together?
26 Yrs, 27 in July!
2. Who pursued who?
I totally chased her gorgeous ass all over town, 'till she caught me.
3. Do you wear any type of wedding/commitment ring? If so, which hand?
We have matching gold bands with 5 diamonds on our left marriage finger... Altho I've recently had to remove mine since I regained weight...I had made it smaller when I'd lost 50lbs... & it's too damn tight.
4. What was the hardest thing about learning to live together?
In the beginning having sex with her children in the next room..Definately cramped my style. For her the fact that I am not a neat person & she is.
5. Who takes longer to get ready in the morning?
If I put on make-up, then I do.
If I don't put on makeup then she does (D. always puts on make-up.) We're both lipstick lesbians, but Doris is an exquisitely fancy butch!
6. Do you usually eat breakfast together?
At home I have 3 hardboiled egg whites, vitamins & a smoothie... D has one hardboiled egg, vitamins & a smoothie & we usually eat this together quickly before running out the door.
But often we go out for a nice brunch at Perkins or The Scotchwood Diner.
7. Do you ever share clothes?
Yes some stuff like Tee's or Sweatshirts, but mostly we have our own clothes- Doris is 6 ft tall so her stuff is a bit bigger plus she is VERY stylish, while I no longer care so much. I can rally if I have to, but I just want comfort. I'm happy to wear a uniform so I don't have to think about it.
8. Who does most of the cooking?
I can not cook.
9.Who usually takes out the trash?
I do if I'm in town.
10. If you have pets who usually does litter box or poop patrol?
I do if I'm in town. Doris would rather not have animals in the house even tho' they adore her. She will do it if I'm gone however.
11. Which one of you is more likely to answer the phone when it rings?
Doris definately... unless she see's it's a creditor on the caller ID. Also we each have our own rings (mine rings twice each ring) which I ask her not to answer in case it's crew schedule trying to draft me for a flight. So if it just rings once each ring it's usually for her.
12. Who's in charge of the remote if you're watching TV together?
I want to be, she wants to be. We fight for it ...-ie whomever grabs it first wins. But not for long because Doris doesn't like my choices often (House Hunters) & also I flip channels a lot, so I let her eventually control the clicker because I know she'll usually fall asleep within 30-60 minutes... Then it's mine all mine.
13. Who usually drives when you go out together?
Usually Doris! But somedays I do squire her around which she enjoys. We each get on our nerves when the other drives. ("be careful, watch out, you should have turned there.."etc.
14. Which one of you takes care of spiders and bugs that get into the house?
Doris does for sure. She smashes them. Often times when I try, I miss.
15. Facing the bed, who sleeps on which side?
Doris on the right closer to the bedroom door, I'm on the left close to the window.
16. Who usually checks the (postal) mailbox?
Luckily we have mail coming in the door slot on the livingroom floor! But Doris generally goes for it first. I personally don't want to see the bills.
17. If something breaks or goes wrong in the house, which one of you is more likely to either fix it or call someone to fix it?
Doris, thank God she has the ability! However lately she tells me she can't do anything anymore cause she's gotten too old. This has upset me, because she isn't old (72) & I don't get it - she Always used to be into so many "projects" with great zest. I loved that about her! 2 days ago I said to her "you've Never heard me say I can't do anything because I'm too old" to which she replied "because you've never done anything I did it all!" And we both laughed SO HARD because it was totally true... Tonight when I came back from my flight she had fixed the leaky toilet & rebuilt the shelves that go over it! Thank GOD - I was beginning to think I'd lost my wonderful handywoman.
18. Who is generally the neater of you?
Oh, please! DORIS, hands down.
19. Who handles the checkbook/pays the bills?
Uhm. Well. We each "handle our own checkbooks" & pay certain bills... including our own charge cards. But unfortunately this has exploded in my face as my beloved has totally fucked her end up. She has even retired 2 years ago with acute debt & won't get another job saying no one will hire a 72 yr old. I don't know what to do. I couldn't retire at 60 with my friends because of this. I am dissenchanted. I am angry. I am pissed. I am depressed. I am scared. I don't want to take a loan out against the house to pay for her debts (we are both on the mortgage.) If we can't find a bank that does 'consolidation loans' then I guess she'll have to do bankruptcy. I just keep going to work, picking up overtime like a motherfucker. I'm tired.
20. What was your last fight/disagreement about?
Her damn youngest deadbeat son. She loves him, of course.
And money. Not good.
21. When you slow dance together, who leads?
Doris. She can't follow for shit.
22. What do you love the most about your other half?
Believe it or not, we LAUGH a lot! And we tell each other "I love You" often, everyday. And have I mentioned how fucking beautiful she is? She still makes me swoon. I swear there is a LOT to be said about waking everyday to a fabulously gorgeous smiling face!