Friday, March 28, 2008

A Tad Bit ill

Oye Vey.  Been flying my butt off, trying to make that overtime.  Very few days off.  While on a trip, thieves stole Doris' tires, rims, & hubcaps off her new (about 3 or 4 mo old) G6 Pontiac in the fucking driveway.  They even took the lugs, AND brought their own bricks to sit the damn car on. 

So on my very few days off I've been trying to help Doris tromp thru junk yards & tire sales since her insurance gave such a low-ball estimate.  It has been windy & freezing.  In the end, she went with the dealer she bought it from even tho Liberty Mutual does not want to pay half of what is needed to replace it all.  I spoke to them & gave them a few choice words & sentiments & it seems they may be sending another check out, but it remains to be seen if it will still be enough.  Pain in the ass for sure. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch I got a croupy cough that wouldn't quit, my lungs would squeeze so tight I could barely breathe.  I got in from a trip with only one day off before going out on the last trip of the month...  My Dr. wasn't in that day so I went to a walk-in care center to get a quick prescription for my cough &/or BRONCHITIS so I could work the next day without scaring everyone with my cooties.. 

Well hell, they kept me there about 4 hrs. stuck a catheter down my nostrils & sucked out mucus (totally disgusting) & sent me for a lung xray, told me I had the Flu AND bronchitis (did not FEEL like I had the stupid flu, just a cough) & that I could not fly for at least 3 more days, then gave me 3 prescriptions to fill. 

I took the prescriptions immediately because I wanted to get better immediately & nobody there said don't take this all at once.  I was gona make that damn flight the next day, I was NOT loosing all that overtime I'd accrued (29hrs which is a fucking LOT.)  The meds were tamiflu, an inhaler (never had one of those puffer gadgets before) & cough syrup with codeine.  Fine. 

I drove off to WW to get weighed as I had been flying during the last 2 Wednesdays ...& suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks.. I was getting dizzy.  Hell, I might pass out.  I left the meeting immediately, made it out to my car, laid down in the back seat & called Doris (who was home making us dinner)to come get me.  I just layed there half way paralyzed with my eyes closed, but could hear everything around me.  Also I was starting to have thoughts of oh yeah, I am stoned for sure......  Missed this feeling for decades now.  Wow. I'll just relax & enjoy it. 

Once Doris got me & sat me up in her (rented) car I became totally nauseous.  Once home I alternated between barfing my gutts up & laying by the toilet bowl in a stupor.  ahh, the ecstasy of OD-ing, I remember it well.  I felt SO FUCKING SICK.  I had walked into that damn dr's office with only a hacking cough & ended up sick as a fucking dog.  shit

I kept thinking I will just get thru the night & then I'll be able to fly tomorrow.  But I was still so green, dizzy & dry heaving in the morning & had no choice but to finally call in sick. I lost $850.00 in overtime ($400 after taxes) by not making the last trip of the month.  If I wasn't that sick to start out with, I sure am now.  I am SO disgusted.

Oh, &by the way, they called me today with a xray result of a spot on my right lung & I should come back for a follow up in 3 months.  Great.

Frickin' insane, man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you went through all of that crap and are still feeling poorly. I can understand how you feel. Also hate to hear that Doris's car was stripped like that. People just don't give a damn about other people much these day. Please take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, it all sounds horrible.  I can't f'ing believe they did that to Doris' car right in your driveway.  Asses.  Sorry you've been so sick.  Poor thing!  {{{ }}}  About that spot in your lung... push for a follow up sooner, don't wait three months if you don't know what it is.  

Anonymous said...

Feel better... that SUCKS big time about Doris' car.  People are just asholes.

Anonymous said...

Gawd K....that shit is insane. I didn't get that bad, but I've had the cough that won't leave. Since I couldn't afford the dr AND meds, I self medicated and have survived, though still coughing. What shit to need money to pay dr bills, but yet we have to worry about working to fricking get it?

How messed up is that?!?!

Thinking about ya
Love ya Julie

Anonymous said...

i seriously hope i am one half as cool of a chick when i get to be 61 (if i am lucky enough to live that long....)

thank you for being one of the absolute best random blog reads in about forever.  many happy returns.  visit the rant anytime :D